So here is the last part to my three-year update

-I discovered my 4-year issue with dermatitis was an undiagnosed allergy to barley and began the journey to eliminate it from my diet, making me almost gluten free

– Luke and I resigned in May as leaders of the college group ministry we led at our church.

-I walked into the APU stadium for graduation with my MA in TESOL hand in hand with Luke graduating with his MA as a PMHNP (psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner). We celebrated later that day with a backyard BBQ at my parents’ house .


–  Luke and I went on summer get away to my grandparent’s costal home in Morro Bay CA. By the time we left my grandparent’s home that weekend were were engaged.301717_10150957998136069_1922302120_n

"our spot" at Montana De Oro state beach
“our spot” at Montana De Oro state beach

-I busily planned for a fall wedding as Luke looked for and applied to jobs mostly within the VA system.

-I said “I do” to Luke, changing my last name to Greene outdoors on a crisp October 12th afternoon in the hills of Oak Glenn; apple country in SoCal.

IMG_1326 IMG_1632

-I, with shock, discovered Luke had been offered a job across the country at  the VA center in Bath NY halfway through our weeklong honeymoon on the Oregon coast. We shared with our family and friends at our Oregon wedding reception that weekend that we had accepted the position.

a walk along the Oregon Coastline
a walk along the Oregon Coastline

-The next week, I opened wedding presents with Luke, hosted a goodbye party with leftover wedding cake for dessert, and temporarily moved into Luke’s APU apartment while we packed, finished up our old jobs, and prepared to move.

-I tearfully got into a moving van three weeks later with mine and Luke’s lives in the Penske truck and my red CRV towing behind.

-I celebrated Thanksgiving and a week semi-unpacked in our newly rented home in Corning NY.

-I took on the role of “housewife” adjusting to the area, weather, and trying to figure out what Christmas would look like in NY.

-I celebrated Christmas and New Years with Luke in our 700 sq. foot home. We skyped and called our friends and family over the holidays, opening Christmas presents and stockings sent to us via the post office and UPS from our families. And that brings us up to date!


our little home covered in snow
our little home covered in snow

7 thoughts on “Part 3 update: Life in 2012

  1. Great synopsis. Love the pics. The ones over Christmas, I remember seeing through Skype, but not these pics. They turned out nice. Good for you for being so deligent in keeping up your blog.

  2. I’m very impressed with how concise you’ve been:) Even though I lived through all of this it’s been fun reading about it:)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s