So if you follow my blog at all you know I love to bake and most of all to bake cookies. And Christmas is the perfect time of year to experiment with new recipes. This year I did two new experiments.
In the past I have worked with several different cake mixes to make cookies.
So when I saw in the store a holiday velvet cake mix I thought: why not? I have before done a cake mix cookie for Christmas with the funfetti cake, but I had to add a lot of food coloring to make them festive.
So this year the color was already in the mix and they turned out great! Similar to the other cake mix cookies I used the cake mix, vegetable oil, but this time I also add a little extra coco for a stronger velvet taste and cheesecake pudding mix.
Here’s the full recipe below.
Holiday Velvet Cheesecake Cookies
Makes about 32 cookies
Prep time 10 minutes
Cooking time 30 minutes
- 1 box Holiday Funfetti cake mix
- 1 ½ small box instant cheesecake pudding mix
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- ½ C of flour
- ¼ C coco
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1/2 cup white baking chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, vegetable oil spray, or a Silpat.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, coco and flour
- Add in the 3 eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla until a dough forms
- Stir in the white chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets 2 inches apart.
- Press a few chips onto the tops of each cookie or seasonal sprinkles
Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cookies just start to lightly brown.
The centers will still be very soft – that’s okay!
Cool for 2 minutes, then remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
To make them extra festive I rolled the tops of the cookies in red, white, and green sprinkles and placed a snowflake on each. They are bright, ,moist, colorful and most of all taste great!