A long title for a very delicious cookie.
For Valentine’s this year I decided to put a twist on the traditional Peanut Butter Kiss Cookie.
Instead of buying plain chocolate kisses I bought caramel filled kisses, this time of year they come in a pink bag and are wrapped in pink swirled foil.
I adapted a basic Peanut Butter Kiss Cookie recipe with a few gourmet twists below:
Makes about 32-36 cookies
1/4 c creamy peanut butter
1/2 stick or 4 tsb unsalted butter
3/4 C brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
¾-1 C all purpose flour ( I use organic)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
36 Caramel kisses unwrapped
sea-salt and white sugar for topping or sprinkles
1/4 container vanilla pudding mix
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Stick the unwrapped caramel kisses in the freezer
- Cream peanut butter and butter until smooth
- Add in brown sugar and pudding mix beat until smooth
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat again
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt
- Add dry ingredients to the wet slowly and beat on low speed
8. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or slip pats and grease if needed
9. Let dough sit in the fridge for about an hour to chill meanwhile move the kisses to the fridge
10.After an hour roll the dough into small 1-1/2 inch balls
11. Roll the balls in extra sugar/course sea salt combo
12. Place dough balls on baking sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes
13. When cookies come out of the oven give them 2 minutes to rest
14. then place a chilled caramel kiss in the center of each
Note: Be careful when moving these cookies to a cooling rack or trying to stack them for storage, in the first few minutes after kisses are put on the cookies they will get hot and melty. My solution is to clear a place in the freezer to flash freeze the candy before packing the cookies for storage.
These cookies were a perfect hit, both at home our jobs, they went fast. They are rich but the salt cuts the sweet and few people ate only one.